1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
La Maison d’Armorine Salted Butter Caramel Spread
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed after each addition until blended.
- Spoon dough in a row, lengthwise along a piece of plastic wrap and, with lightly floured hands, shape into a cylindrical log. Roll in the plastic wrap and freeze until firm enough to slice, at least several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from freezer and slice crosswise into 1/2″ disks and space on parchment lined cookie sheet 1″ apart.
- Bake until dry to the touch and slightly brown on the edges, 17-20 minutes. Sprinkle tops of cookies generously with powdered sugar and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To assemble: Place a scoop of Caramel Spread on the flat (bottom) side of 1 cookie; top with another cookie, bottom side down. Press gently to compress the caramel and bring it out to the edges of the cookies. Repeat process to fill remaining cookies with caramel. Serve immediately and brighten someone’s day.