- 1/2 cup – butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup – Bernard Michaud Traditional Summer Flower Honey
- 2 – eggs
- 1 tsp – vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups – all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp – anise seeds
- 2 tsp – ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp – baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – salt
- 1/4 tsp – baking soda
- 1 cup – dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup – slivered almonds
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light; gradually adding honey, eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, anise seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the honey mixture, mixing well. Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Shape dough into two 10x3x1-inch logs on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven to wire rack; cool 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Transfer logs to cutting board. Cut each log into 1/2-inch slices; arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool and serve.
This recipe inspired by Honey.