- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 (5 ounce box) fresh baby arugula, washed and dried (see note above)
- 1/2 cup La Cultivada Organic Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from about 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Honey and Balsamic dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 small tomatoes cut into quarters to garnish
Wrap the beef tenderloin in plastic wrap, and chill in the freezer for 1 hour. Using a very sharp knife, cut the beef across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place the slices between sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper and gently pound with the flat end of a meat mallet, or roll with a heavy rolling pin until paper thin.
Arrange the slices on 6 individual chilled plates. Add the arugula to a bowl and toss with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the arugula in a pile in the center of each plate.
Place the remaining 4 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, mustard, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a 2-cup measure. Use an immersion blender or hand blender to mix until thick. Drizzle the mustard sauce around each plate avoiding the arugula. Garnish the plates with the tomato quarters and serve immediately.
This recipe is inspired by Serious Eats.