- 1/2 cup of Mueloliva Venta del Baron Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- Vanilla Whipped Cream:
- 4 eggs
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- vanilla extract
- Beat 4 yolks with sugar, vanilla extract and flour.
- Pour the milk on top of the yolks composition, while keeping the pot on a heated stove top and stirring continuously until it begins to boil. Continue to simmer, stirring constantly until the composition becomes thick.
- Add a teaspoon of butter while the composition is still hot.
- In the mean time beat two egg whites to form a foam ( these are used to smooth out the cream if it becomes too thick).
- When the cream becomes lukewarm, add 4-5 tablespoons of foam, mixing gently.
- To prepare the puffs, In a pot, bring to a boil the water mixed with the olive oil.
- Pour suddenly all the flour and mix well with a mixer on the heated stove top.
- Remove from heat adding the eggs one at the time, mixing well after adding each one of them. The composition should form a ball.
- Grease a non-stick baking sheet, sprinkle with flour and use a teaspoon to form little balls on the baking sheet. Be sure to space them on the tray as they expand in dimension as they bake.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400ºF. Bake first at high heat 400ºF for 7-8 minutes (enough for the puffs to rise and become golden-brown). Bake for another 15 minutes at low heat (200-225ºF).
- Wait for the puffs to cool and cut a lid out. Fill each puff with the vanilla whipped cream and put the lid on top.
- Sprinkle the puffs’ tops with confectioners sugar.
This recipe inspired by Gourmet European Recipes.