- 2 tins Clement Faugier Chestnut Paste
- 5 eggs
- 7 oz butter
- 3 1/2 oz icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid coffee extract
- Fold the yolks of 5 eggs into the Chestnut paste, then add the softened butter. Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add a pinch of salt to the 5 egg whites and whisk them stiffly. Fold into the mixture carefully, a small amount at a time, working from the bottom upwards.
- Pour into a buttered Charlotte mold, pressing down well. Put in a moderate oven standing in a double pan and cook for 1 hour. Allow to cool, then turn out of mold.
- Pour the liquid coffee extract over the icing sugar and beat for 10 minutes. Ice the cake with an icing knife, beginning with the sides leave in refrigerator for 3 hours.
This recipe provided by Clement Faugier.