- 8-ounce round brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, unroasted and roughly chopped
- L’Epicurien Black Fig Jam
- Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scrape out a small amount of cheese to form a shallow hollow in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish like a pie pan. (If you plan on transferring the cheese to a serving dish after it’s baked, line the pie pan with a square of parchment paper.)
- Top the brie with the jam and sprinkle the hazelnuts over it.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the cheese is gooey. This is a delicate process, and baking time can vary. The goal is to take the cheese out after it has softened, but just before it collapses into a heap.
- If desired, lift the parchment paper and use a spatula to carefully slide the cheese onto a prettier serving dish. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve immediately with assorted crackers.
This recipe inspired by kitchn.