- 1 1/2 pounds cucumbers (about 3 medium), peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar (or substitute rice vinegar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Edmond Fallot Honey and Balsamic Mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced red onion
Place cucumber slices in a colander sitting over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cucumber slices sit in your refrigerator for 1 hour, tossing them several times as they are draining.
Prepare marinade while cucumber slices are draining in the refrigerator: Combine vinegar, water, Edmond Fallot Honey and Balsamic Mustard, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup (if you end up with less than 1/3 cup, add some water to bring the mixture to 1/3 cup). Remove mixture from heat and mix in the diced red onion. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
When cucumber slices are ready to remove from the refrigerator, dry them a little more by patting with some paper towels and then combine with the vinegar marinade mixture, blending well. Refrigerate until well chilled and then serve.
This recipe inspired by NancyCreative.com.