- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c LeBlanc Pure Hazlenut Oil
- 2 oz espresso, chilled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- optional garnishes: whipped cream, fleur de sel, orange zest or fresh berries
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Place the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until pale yellow. Whisk in the olive oil, espresso, and salt until combined. Add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually sprinkle in the remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat just until stiff peaks form. Add a generous spoonful of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture. Stir firmly until completely incorporated. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl of egg whites. Gently fold with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Divide the mousse into custard cups or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped cream, fleur de sel, orange zest, or fresh berries to serve.