- 125ml double cream
- 60ml milk
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Terre Exotique Vanilla Bean
- 2 tablespoons honey
1 pinch salt
3 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard
- Place the cream, milk, turmeric, vanilla, honey and salt in a heavy saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the above is heating, whisk together the egg yolks and brown sugar in a large bowl, until thick and light in colour.
- Slowly pour the hot milk and cream mixture into the egg mixture (whilst whisking) and then return to pan. Slowly warm over a low heat, stirring continuously until thick (do not boil, or otherwise it will split).
- Sieve the mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the mustard and place in the fridge (stir regularly until chilled).
- Put the mixture in an ice cream maker for 30 to 45 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a plastic container and place in the freezer for about 5 hours, or until frozen.
This recipe inspired by AllRecipe.co.uk.