- 1/2 cup Quai Sud Lavender Sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- course sugar, optional
- In a food processor, gently blend lavender sugar, dried lavender, and lemon zest until lavender flowers and lemon are well incorporated.
- Add softened butter to the food processor and cream with the sugar.
- Add flour and salt and mix just to combine.
- Remove the dough from food processor and on a large piece of parchment or waxed paper, delicately form into an 8-inch log.
- Carefully roll the paper around dough to create a smooth log and chill far at least 4 hours or up to a few days.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 375 degrees and slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices.
- Optional: roll or sprinkle in a course sanding sugar before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool completely before serving.