- 4 T unsalted butter, melted, divided, plus more for pan
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 T Rougie Duck Fat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds medium Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/8″ slices
- 1 small sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- Place a rack in the middle of oven; preheat to 425°. Brush a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet with butter; set springform ring on top.
- Toast caraway seeds in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let cool. Place in a resealable bag; crush with a rolling pin or bottom of skillet.Place in a large bowl and add duck fat, two tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Arrange 1/4 of potatoes in an even layer inside ring on baking sheet, overlapping as needed. Toss onion in a large bowl with one tablespoon melted butter. Arrange 1/3 of onion over potatoes. Repeat layers twice more, finishing with a layer of potatoes. Carefully remove ring.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Brush with one tablespoon butter. Bake until edges of potatoes are deep golden and top is crisp, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Run a thin spatula under galette to loosen from foil. Slide onto a platter and season with salt if desired, slice and serve.
Recipe from Bon Appetit