- 2 pounds medium carrots, ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch segments
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c crème fraîche
- 2 T DEA Harissa Paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat to 375°F. Place carrots in a large pot, cover with water, and season heavily with salt. Heat over high heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and allow to dry for 5 minutes. Set aside. Season crème fraîche with salt and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine harissa, cumin, black pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt. Transfer half of mixture to small bowl and set aside. Add carrots to remaining mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Roast until caramelized, about 40 minutes, turning once or twice during roasting. Transfer carrots to a large bowl and toss with cilantro.
- Spread crème fraîche on serving platter. Top with carrots and drizzle with remaining harissa mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Serious Eats