- 1/2 c (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Terre Exotique Turmeric from Madagascar
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- kosher salt
- 4 pound mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- cilantro leaves with tender stems, for serving
- Place butter, red pepper flakes, and turmeric in a small bowl. Add lime zest and mix until well combines; season with salt.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place mussels on grill and cook until they pop open. Remove to a large bowl.
- Add prepared butter to mussels and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit