- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1/2 c Moulins de la Brague Nicoise Olives, pitted
- 4 T olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick, about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 c fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pulse bay leaf, fennel seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a spice mill until finely ground.
- Toss potatoes, olives, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and half of spice mixture in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining spice mixture.
- Arrange potato mixture around chicken. Roast until potatoes are fork-tender, chicken is cooked through, and skin is crisp, 35-45 minutes. Serve chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest, and more red pepper flakes, if desired; spoon pan juices around.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious