- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c (6 oz by weight) 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T L’Ami Provencal Provence Lavender Flowers
For the glaze:
- 1/4 c powdered sugar (more or less, depending on desired consistency)
- 2 T milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease one 9×5 loaf pan (or two 5.75×3 minis) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Add the eggs, once at a time, mixing each until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, alternating with the Greek yogurt, to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until just incorporated. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and beat on low until just blended. Gently stir in the lavender.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pan(s) for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Adjust the powdered sugar/milk ratio to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the pound cake one it is completely cooled, and garnish with lavender flowers, if desired.
Recipe from Bake Your Day